Infertility may be defined as the inability to conceive a child, after 12 months or more of trying. About 15% of couples suffer from infertility, because of problems with either the male or female partner. In some cases infertility results because of medical issues with both.
With the progress of medical science, a number of infertility treatments have been introduced, which effectively help couples and even individuals conceive. Special infertility treatment centres are coming up these days to offer medical treatment to couple having issues with infertility.
An infertility treatment centre may be defined as a healthcare service facility which primarily specialises in the treatment of fertility related issues.
Various fertility treatments offered at an infertility treatment centre include-
- In-vitro fertilization
- Intrauterine insemination
- Hormonal medication for egg release
For couples who want to conceive, but are hesitant to approach an infertility treatment centre due to social taboos, or a sense of awkwardness, here are a few ways in which an infertility clinic will help you resolves your problems-
- An infertility treatment centre has qualifies specialists in the field, who will ask you about your medical history and acquire all the relevant information about one’s lifestyle. Depending on the information one provides they will order certain fertility tests which may include hormone tests, semen analysis, blood tests, ultrasound etc.
- Depending on the test results the doctor will make an effective diagnosis and explain the problem to you. This will help you understand the fertility problem you or your partner is facing, so that you can take a decision to get it treated.
- Infertility centres not only diagnose issues but also treat them. The doctor will guide you through infertility treatment.
- Such centres also offer a counselling option for couple’s, in case they need to emotionally cope up with the entire problem and treatment.
- Infertility treatment can take quite a toll on a couple and doctors and staff at infertility centres are trained to help patients deal with it.
- Moreover, they give one hope to successfully bring life into the world and become proud parents.
When choosing an infertility treatment centre in India, make sure it is the best. It should have a good reputation and a set of qualified doctors. Conduct a thorough research in various clinics in the city before opting for one in particular. To find the best read reviews online and talk to family and friends if they have aware of an established infertility treatment centre.